web space | free hosting | Business WebSite Hosting | Free Website Submission | shopping cart | php hosting


Inglewood: Women Die and the Mill Grinds On
Ghosts in the machinery
 More on the Inglewood Entity
• A Rose By Any Other Name
• The Five Minute Abortion
• Charting the Deterioration
• A Month Long Ordeal
• The Inglewood Survivors
• Inglewood Abortionist John Dupont
 Explore This Site
  Related Resources
• Belinda Byrd, Abortion Death
• Cora Mae Lewis, Abortion Death
• Kathy Murphy, Abortion Death
• Elizabeth Tsuji, Abortion Death
• Yvonne Tanner, Abortion Death
• Lynette Wallace, Abortion Death
• Digging for Dirt on Abortionists
• Anesthesia Deaths from Abortion
 Elsewhere on the Web
• Cases Reveal a path of destruction

So we have begun our look at Inglewood Women's Hospital Clinic Center What-have-you. I intimated that part of why the Inglewood entity was able to operate so shoddily for so long was prestidigitation -- legal sleight-of-hand. But before we get into the details of how the Inglewood entity weaseled out of its worries, let's look at something far more serious than concerns about one's job. Let's look at life and death issues -- specifically those women known to have met their deaths via the Inglewood entity. Note: The Inglewood entity is Acme Reproductive Services 36 in Lime 5.

Seventeen-year-old Kathy Denise Murphy was the first to die. She went to "Inglewood Women's Hospital" for an abortion on August 24, 1973. At that time, it was not unusual for abortions to be performed on an inpatient basis, and for patients to be kept for observation at least overnight. Evidently Kathy was kept at Inglewood for observation. During the days after her abortion, Kathy suffered breathing problems and became semi-conscious, so Inglewood staff transferred her by ambulance to Centinela Hospital on September 7. Later that night, Centinela transferred Kathy back to Inglewood, where John Dupont pronounced her dead at 1:20 on the morning of September 8. The autopsy found that Kathy had died of sepsis from the abortion; her cervix and uterus were infected, and her cervix covered with greenish-black pus. (LA County Coroner Report 73-14675, death certificate, LA Superior Court Case No. C555261)

The next woman to die was 22-year-old Lynette Wallace, who underwent an abortion at "Inglewood Women's Hospital" on September 13, 1975, just a little over two years after Kathy Murphy's death. Early on the morning of September 27, Lynette went to the emergency room reporting abdominal pain. Staff reported that she became agitated and "difficult to handle." They put her in restraints, and she was pronounced dead of cardiopulmonary arrest at 10:53 AM. The autopsy revealed what the abortionist should have detected -- the pregnancy had not been in Lynette's uterus but in her fallopian tube. The tube had ruptured, spilling blood and a 10-week fetus into Lynette's abdomen. (LA County Superior Court Case No. SWC34625)

Elizabeth Tsuji was the next to die. She had a saline abortion at a place identified as "Inglewood General Hospital" on February 2, 1978. Abortionist Morton Barke was somehow involved, although documents aren't clear what his role was in her death. Barke also worked at the unsavory San Vicente Hospital. He is known to have been a partner at Inglewood and to have been involved in the deaths of Yvonne Tanner and Lynette Wallace. His involvement might have been that he served in a supervisory role.(Death Certificate 78-063811, Autopsy 78-1763)

Continued on Page 2.

Previous articles

Like this link graphic? Click here to learn how to add it to your web page.

Search this site powered by FreeFind