web space | free hosting | Business Hosting Services | Free Website Submission | shopping cart | php hosting


Playing Whack-A-Mole With Abortionist Ghali
Ghali's Florida Lawsuits
 More of This Feature
• Meet Nabil Ghali
• His Old Kentucky Home
• Malpractice in Ohio
• New Sexual Escapades
• Appendix: A Ghali Timeline
• Appendix: Child Sexual Abuse by Ghali
 Explore This Site
  Related Resources
• Digging for Dirt on Abortionists
• Alice In Dadeland
• Ellen Williams, Abortion Death
• Back-Alley Butchers vs. Main Street Maimers: Blue Coral
• Safe-N-Legal or Back-Alley Butchery: A Quiz
• Cemetery of Choice
• Ellen Williams, Abortion Death
• Back Alley Butchers vs Main Street Maimers
• Abortion Nightmares: Expelled Fetal Parts
• Fraud, Crime, and Tax Evasion
• Behind Closed Doors
• Abortion Malpractice
 Elsewhere on the Web
• Biskind lives, works in two different worlds
• Ohio Medical Board, Ghali Licensing Information
• Summary of Ohio disciplinary actions against Ghali

If this is your first introduction to abortionist Nabil Ghali, start here

Ghali continued to rack up lawsuits outside of Dadeland.

A patient I'll call "Pamela" said that she went to Women's Medical Center of Miami July 5, 1987, for a pregnancy test. Ghali had her sign a consent form for both the pregnancy test and for an abortion before the test was even performed. Although the urine pregnancy test was negative, Pamela was not informed, and Ghali performed an abortion anyway. After Pamela was discharged, she suffered abdominal pain, bleeding, fever, chills, and purulent discharge, and was admitted to North Shore Hospital July 8 for dilation and curettage, culdocentesis, laparoscopy, left ovarian wedge resection, and lysis of adhesions. Her uterus was discovered to be perforated in three places. And it turned out that Pamela had not been pregnant at all. (Dade County Circuit Court Case #89-49634)

A patient I'll call "Charice" sued Ghali, saying that she went for an abortion at Ladies First Medical Group. Ghali diagnosed her pregnancy as 12-13 weeks, then sent her home and told her she could return to work. She collapsed the next day and hemorrhaged. Doctors treating her removed the remains of a 22-week dismembered fetus from her uterus. (Broward County Florida Case No. 84-021941)

A patient I'll call "Priscilla" said that Ghali performed an abortion on her at The Ladies Center (which is also Ladies First Medical Group) on February 26, 1986. She experienced continued pregnancy symptoms afterward. Later, an ultrasound performed at North Shore Medical center revealed an ectopic pregnancy, and a second ultrasound five days later was interpreted as uterine pregnancy. Priscilla returned to Ghali March 26 for a second abortion during which Ghali perforated her uterus. Priscilla hemorrhaged, and as a result required blood transfusions and an emergency hysterectomy. Her law suit also charges failure to take proper history and perform proper examination, failure to obtain informed consent, failure to provide adequate follow-up. Ghali moved for dismissal. (Dade County Circuit Court Case No. 88-06307)

Ladies First was another Dadeland, without the colorful Betty Eason. It was closed by the board of health in 1989 after inspectors found dead cockroaches in the sterilizing room, unsanitary surgical gloves, expired drugs, and equipment that was still bloody two days after it was last used. There was no hot water or soap at the clinic's sinks. A device that is inserted into the patient's nose during general anesthesia was found lying of the floor, still hooked to a hose that had been used on a patient. Gauze pads that were supposed to be sterile were stained yellow. Patient records were lying about in plain sight. There were dirty socks on the recovery room floor. Inspectors found "hundreds of medicines and medical supplies that had expired years ago and other medications with no expiration date, indicating they were manufactured before 1978." The Health Secretary said that Ladies First was "just filthy, the worst I've seen." Another health inspector said, "I spent years inspecting clinics in prisons all through Florida. And we wouldn't have waited a minute to close a prison clinic long before it ever looked this bad. I couldn't believe how bad this place was. But a cleaning lady told a reporter, "I think the charges are really exaggerated. We did the best we can. It's not really that bad, the way they say it." Ladies First was re-opened under stipulations. (Miami Herald 10-2-89, 1-4-90; Associated Press, 10-6-89)

While Ladies First was wrestling with Florida over its problems, Ghali and the Florida medical board wrestled over his license. They had revoked it in 1987 after learning about the sexual escapade with his goddaughter, and after learning that he'd lied about how often he'd been sued in Kentucky.

So Ghali sued the medical board, alleging that their action was based on anti-Arab bias. Ghali's attorney was quoted in the Miami Herald as saying, "We believe the proceedings were unfair and violated his rights to due process. We will pursue those issues as long and as far as we can." Ghali's complaint for an injunction against the revocation of his license states, "DPR and the Board are causing Dr. Ghali irreparable harm. They are preventing him from practicing medicine and from earning a livelihood. They are preventing him from caring for his patients and from honoring other commitments and obligations related to his practice. They are causing irreparable damage to his reputation among his patients, in the community and in his profession." Eventually, though, Florida was successful in revoking Ghali's license, and he left the state. (Dade County Case No. 88-19636)

Previous page > Meet Nabil Ghali
Next page > His Old Kentucky Home

• Appendix: A Ghali Timeline
• Appendix: Child Sexual Abuse by Ghali

Previous articles

Like this link graphic? Click here to learn how to add it to your web page.

Search this site powered by FreeFind